Wednesday, August 22, 2012

carseat recover

I sold our old infant carseat back when Hailey turned one because it was a set with the single jogging stroller.  I have known I needed to replace the carseat for a long time now but just never found a good one.  They are soooo expensive brand new and you can never find one that hasn't expired used that's in descent shape and for a good enough price.  And then we finally scored a nice carseat at a yard sale last week for $10 with two bases and over a year away from expiring.  The cover left much to be desired....plus it was pink...so I thought what the heck.  I'll try it.  recover project commence.
pink with light and dark pink butterflies.  First I tried dying it because Curt thought that might work.  It didn't.  I didn't think it would but I tried it to appease him :)  But that was no harm done because I already had the leftover dye from the onsies and I planned on recovering it anyways.  So....Then I got to do the fun part.  I unpicked it all, made myself a pattern form it and had a party.  It took wayyyy longer than a skilled person would have taken but I thoroughly enjoyed the process.  The canopy was the hardest part.  It didn't actually match the carseat.  I didn't get a picture of that for some reason but picture poop green with maroon polka dots and a bit of plaid.......it was awful.

Before
 And AFTER!!!!

When I brought home my fabric choices and tried to explain to Curt what I was going to do he just kind of looked at me like he thought I was crazy and hoped I didn't make our baby boy look like an outcast.  haha    

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You did a great job and I really like the fabric! You are amazing! :) Miss you, Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job! Love it! You really are amazing and so talented!

    ReplyDelete